KidsCan! After School Care and Learning Centre
KidsCan! is a non-profit organisation in the rural Kleinmond area, South Africa, that helps 35 underprivilege and vulnerable primary school children become contributing members of society by offering a safe after school care centre where they receive a daily meal, can improve academically, and are given opportunities for self-development.
Fundraising Project: You Recycle, We Upcycle
Since we can’t recycle in the Hangklip-Kleinmond area currently, KidsCan! is turning lemons into lemonade by giving you the opportunity to RECYCLE whilst we UPCYCLE to raise funds for the project.
We want your:
- Cooldrink tins & all cans – from tomato paste, tuna, 410g food to large coffee tins.
- Unwanted arts & crafts goodies & tools that we can use to decorate tins with.
Please wash tins/cans thoroughly so that all odours and paper are removed.
Drop off points:
- KLEINMOND: Allerlei (2nd St, next to Bloubakkie | Trading Hours) or KidsCan! Centre (cnr 11th St & 10th Ave | 13:00-17:30)
- BETTY’s BAY: Lakeside Chapel (cnr Wheeler Rd & White St | Mo, Wed, Fri 10:00-12:00 & Sun mornings before & after the service.)
- PRINGLE BAY: Charity Shop (Drosters Centre | Trading Hours)
A KidsCan! friend, Gaenor, with the help of her Jo’burg friend, managed to gather 40 crochet blankets to donate to each child! These were all handmade by friends from all over the country for Mandela Day. Thanks to everyone involved. Happy children will sleep warm this winter.
Yes! Mandela Day came early this year. Since the days are already quite cold, we didn’t want to wait until July to hand out the blankets.
Main Educational Partners
We share the vision of the Western Cape Government After School Game Changer programme to improve literacy and numeracy outcomes, inspire a culture of learning, stem school dropouts and improve matric results. After School Game Changer also aims to build bridges between communities and expand the horizons and skills of participants.