- Find hidden gems at bargain prices.
- Please donate those items that are still in a good condition that you want to replace or get rid of. We sell anything: appliances, furniture, kitchenware, linen, curtains, clothes, decorative articles etc.
- Are you renovating? Donate what you are replacing.
- Guest houses that are refurbishing, or businesses that want to get rid of old stock, please consider donating those items.
- Volunteer at the shop.
Shop: Droster Gat Centre, Pringle Bay Business Centre
Trading Hours: Tue-Fri, 12:30-16:30 & Saturdays, 10:30-13:30
“If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever.” — Kofi Annan
CHANGE A LIFE PROJECT
KidsCan! is a successful, financially sustainable project through fundraising efforts like “Change a Life”, a second-hand shop, events, donations and many other initiatives. Parents pay a small monthly fee, we receive a small subsidy from government for a number of our children, but KidsCan! subsidizes between 40% – 68% per child.
A donation of R100 per month per child (R1,200 per child per year) helps KidsCan! operate a financially sustainable project.
Please send an e-mail to the KidsCan! ambassador who introduced you to “Change a Life”, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form on our contact page and let us know how many sponsorships of R100 per child per month you commit to. (R1,200 per child per year.)
Change a Life Sponsors receive:
- A group photo. Unfortunately, we may not send photos of children who are regarded by the Children’s Act as vulnerable, or those placed in protective care.
- A digital copy of a placemat drawn by the child(ren) for you to print and frame, or laminate.
- An 18A Tax Certificate (SA residents only).
- Make us the beneficiary on your Woolworths MySchool card.
- Volunteer at the centre, charity shop or share your experience & skills by becoming a committee member.
- Support the KidsCan! table at our annual local markets.
- Cycle, swim, run, jump, dance or do anything wild to raise money for us.
If you want to give responsibly, please download our Wish List.
A STORY: HAVING FUN BY GETTING INVOLVED
From the smallest monetary donation or goods, to larger donations like Pick ‘n Pay gift vouchers from the Ackermann Trust, each contributor makes a difference!
A group of learners from Dunoon Grammar School (Scotland) tied up their assistant teacher and held him hostage to raise funds for KidsCan! They froze in crazy statue poses. Family and friends sponsored the number of minutes they could keep their poses, which resulted in a heart-warming R6,000 donation! Thank you to Fraser Shaw for this zany initiative! They own a property in Rooiels and Fraser is the art teacher at the school.