KidsCan! is a non-profit organisation in the rural Kleinmond area (South Africa) that helps underprivilege and vulnerable primary school children become contributing members of society by offering a safe after school learning centre where they receive a daily meal, can improve academically, and are given opportunities for self-development.
What We Offer
- Provide a healthy, balanced meal at lunch time.
- Assist learners with their homework, literacy and numeracy.
- Offer a life skills development programme and other educational, physical and creative activities.
- Teach Biblical values & principles through daily devotionals and regular Bible lessons.
- Children have access to computers and the Internet for school projects and learn computer skills.
- Plan and execute special holiday programmes.
- Children also have time to play, relax and have fun.
- Arrange annual special events and outings for the children.
- Manager & Grade 4 Teacher – Linda Bruce (BA, HDE)
- Grade 3 Teacher – Reinett de Waal (HDE Jun Prim)
- Grade 1 & 2 Teacher – Maryna Hattingh (BEd Hons)
- Grade 1 & 2 – Althea Oliver (ECD Level 4)
Every afternoon, after serving lunch, our staff help each child to complete his or her homework for the day & offer various developmental activities.
At KidsCan! we value volunteers who make their time and skills available to help set children up for life. We match the skills of a volunteer to the needs of the children. Volunteers are an integral and valuable part of our success!
Weekly and during school holidays volunteers help our children with reading & mathematics, teach chess, offer arts & crafts workshops, life skills programmes and much more.
- KidsCan! works amongst communities in the rural Hangklip-Kleinmond area, situated along the Cape Whale Coast of South Africa.
- Children aged 6-11 attend the after school centre.
- Our Department of Social Development registration allows us to accommodate 44 children.
Dolls House area
– Area to play Soccer & Rugby
– Jungle Gym
– Concrete slab for skipping rope, hopscotch etc.